FRAXEL CO2 LASER
NUMBER ONE CO2 LASER
ADJUSTABLE INTENSITY TO SUIT THE DOWNTIME YOU WANT
Overview of Fraxel CO2 Laser
Cosmetic Clinics, nowadays, use the word “Fraxel” to describe any fractionated laser treatments that they may perform irrespective of the device they use. Very few people are aware that the word Fraxel™ is actually a trademark and a laser brand. It is not a treatment.
Fraxel Repair CO2 Laser has been considered the gold standard in Laser Skin Rejuvenation all over the world(hence the reason why most clinics misleadingly call their lasers “Fraxel”, just to take advantage of the brand awareness Fraxel™Lasers that has been created for over the past fifteen years.
Fraxel Laser energy delivery can be adjusted high or low to offer the most diverse range of skin rejuvenation options based on your skin type, expected results, budget, and downtime.
Clinical applications of Fraxel CO2 Laser include:
- Reversal of photo-damage (sun-damaged skin).
- Facial line and wrinkles.
- Sunspots and pigmentation.
- Acne and other scars.
- Stretch marks.
- Moles and skin tags.
- Surgical skin excisions (blepharoplasty, labiaplasty etc.).
Apart from our Fraxel Repair CO2 system, we also host several other Fractional and Full-field CO2, RF, Diode and Erbium Glass laser systems giving us the ability to provide the most extensive array of cosmetic skin treatments under one roof in WA.
Fraxel CO2 Laser FAQs
Launched in the mid-2000s, Fraxel Repair CO2 is the pioneering laser platform which introduced industry-first, cutting-edge technology and versatility to the world of cosmetic dermatological lasers.
What Fraxel™ did to ablative dermatological lasers is similar to what the iPhone did to other mobile phones when it was launched at the time. It was a game-changer and remains the most reliable and efficient work-horse even today.
The laser platforms being manufactured today often have “disposable” build quality and questionable reliability. We know this because we host many new devices and have to get them regularly fixed. Newer devices may have fancy design and the latest interphase and software but they don’t have the reliability and predictability which older Lasers have.
Our doctors have been using Fraxel Repair CO2 Laser for long. They have performed numerous treatments over the last decade and know the CO2 laser technology inside-out.
Fractional CO2 Laser has two key clinical indications:
- Skin Rejuvenation (skin resurfacing)
- Scar Reduction (Acne scars, stretch marks, other types of scars)
The treatment area is first numbed with a specially formulated, high-strength topical anesthetic cream. Once the skin is numb, the treatment is carried out using the treatment parameters which are based upon the patient’s skin type, treatment need and downtime concerns.
This is the most commonly asked question. Most patients who have watched fractional co2 laser treatment online have seen some videos from the us which look quite frightening!
We have no clue why any doctor would use such high settings to cause such considerable bleeding and pain when treating an average person for facial skin rejuvenation.
The laser settings used at rejuvenating are carefully selected to lessen any discomfort or downtime related to the treatment while providing noticeable clinical results.
Most of our patients tolerate laser treatments very well.
Preparing the skin for a minimum of two weeks before CO2 lasers resurfacing is crucial in achieving hassle-free results. (four weeks for patients with darker skin tone). This includes:
- Avoiding direct sunlight (UV exposure)
- Wearing protective clothing, hats, sun-glasses, and sun-blocks.
- Daily skin exfoliation.
- Application of topical vitamin A, b and c (serums or creams).
- Prophylactic topical hydroquinone (for patients having darker skin types who are at risk of developing PIH).
- Prophylactic anti-viral tablets (for patients having a history of cold sores).
We provide each patient with the complete skin preparation kit and instructions before the treatment are booked.
As stated above, the recovery from this procedure depends upon the treatment-intensity.
Light-Medium Intensity Treatment:
Light-medium intensity settings are basically used for skin rejuvenation treatments. The downtime is about five to seven days of slight swelling, redness, bronzing, and occasional peeling. There is minimum discomfort related to it.
Medium-High Intensity treatment:
The treatment settings are used for the treatment of scars and stretch. The downtime is around seven to fourteen days of redness, swelling, oozing, bronzing, and occasional peeling. There is some discomfort related to the treatment which generally lasts for first two-three days only.
CO2 Lasers have a well-recognized and a very high safety profile when delivered by experienced operators. Human skin can react in an adverse way to anything that may lead to irritation or evoke an allergic response. It doesn’t even have to be a laser treatment.
Adverse reactions related to any Laser treatment are not common and of transient nature. These include:
- Prolonged redness of the area that is treated (usually lasts for a few weeks).
- Temporary swelling (due to the heat which leads to buildup of fluid).
- Skin response similar to Dermatitis.
- Reactivation of Cold sores.
- Pigmentary alterations(may last for several weeks)
Careful patient selection, thorough skin-preparation and post-laser care are important to lessen any adverse effects.
Patients have to:
- Strictly avoid direct sunlight until the skin has fully healed.
- Do not wet the treated area for the first 48 hours.
- Keep the area constantly covered with post-treatment ointment/cream provided to you by us.
- Do not apply any products or make-up over the treated area which may irritate the healing skin.
- Strictly avoid disrupting or picking any scabs. This can result in scarring and prolonged pigmentary changes. Let the scabs fall off naturally.
- LED Healite Therapy.
This depends on many factors like:
- The area that is being treated
- Treatment setting that is being used
- The time it takes to perform the treatment
Pricing given here are for reference purpose only and may alter without prior notice.
- Fraxel CO2 Laser Peel (Full Face) – From $1,599
- Fraxel CO2 Laser Resurfacing (Full Face) – From $2500
- Needle-free PRP + Fraxel Laser Peel – From $2300
- Fraxel CO2 Cheeks (Acne scars) – From $800
- Fraxel CO2 Scars & Stretch Marks – From $350