Overview of Laser Hair Removal
In Queensland, radiation safety council made important changes to the laser safety laws, permitting only “licensed” operators to be able to provide treatment for skin conditions using medical-grade lasers. Here at Rejuvenative, all our Clinicians are licensed through Queensland Radiation and Protection Agency.
IS ONE OF THE FEW CLINICS THAT IS RUN UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION
We make use of the industry gold standard laser hair removal platform, The ultimate laser and light-based combination device Etherea MX. Acroma laser is regarded as the best Laser in its class globally to eliminate unwanted body hair in a painless manner. The device specification is as follows:
- 1064nm fractional q-switched nd: YAG laser with 532nm KTP handpiece
- Proven technology suitable for darker skin types
- 1064nm spots at 3, 5 & 7mm and 9mm with a 100mtz/cm2 fractional lens
At Rejuvenative, we run routine special promos on our most well-known cosmetic treatments. To take complete advantage, follow us on social media, Facebook.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Any area that bears hair on the human body can be treated by us with laser hair removal. Most commonly treated areas in women are:
- Bikini Line.
- Facial hair (chin, upper lips, brows, sideburns).
Most commonly treated areas in men are:
- Front and back of the neck.
- Facial hair.
The Ethera MX Laser technology has been tested clinically and has proved to be safe and apt for all types of skin. Ethera MX Laser comes in two different wavelengths. In Etherea MX we use IPL SQ for lighter skin types and 1064nm fractional Q-Switched Nd: YAG Laser for darker skin types both men and women alike. If you have any unwanted body or facial hair, the Etherea MX can come to your rescue.
Important: Laser hair removal treatment does not lead to skin cancers.
Common medical conditions related to excess hair growth and associated conditions are:
- Hirsutism is a medical term that is used for excessive hair growth in women. Hirsutism can be an outcome of multiple factors such as Polycystic ovaries (PCOS) and is generally a significant reason for emotional distress and poor self-esteem in those who are a victim of this disorder.
- Hypertrichosis is excessive hair growth over and beyond the norm based on the age, sex, and race of an individual. Contrary to hirsutism, which is excess hair growth in women, Hypertrichosis can develop all over the body or can be limited to small patches affecting both men and women. Hypertrichosis may be either congenital (present at birth) or acquired (coming up later in life).
- Folliculitis barbae is a type of folliculitis that affects the beard area. It is also called shaving rash or razor bumps. It is a foreign-body inflammatory reaction that surrounds ingrown facial hair, which results due to shaving. Folliculitis barbae more commonly affects people who have curly hair because the curl of the hair means that sharp pointed end of a lately shaved hair comes out from the skin and enters the skin again in a close-by area.
After shaving, patients may feel a painful acne-like eruption. The small lesions may be similar to the color of flesh or red and inflamed. The infection of these may lead to the formation of pustules and abscesses.
In general, Laser hair removal is regarded as better than IPL hair removal. However, this largely depends on the strength (power) and quality of these machines.
This differs from person to person. On average, most patients require anywhere from six to ten laser treatments, four to six weeks apart, for about 95% reduction in hair production.
Laser hair removal results are temporary no matter what laser platform is used. The human body has the ability to regenerate new hair follicles over a period of time and this cannot be ceased. We recommend that patients should return for touch-up treatments when required every few months following their initial laser hair removal course.
All Laser hair removal treatments are performed by our highly experienced dermal clinicians under the direct medical supervision of our doctors. Pricing begins from $30 per treatment area per session for a small area.